Tuesday 27 March 2012

Other Ideas

I liked this music magazine front cover as it also is promoting itself to a fairly niche audience, blues and soul music fans. But it has a very eye-catching, bold, yet simple image of their main feature artist. They also have a left-third, two or three main colours - making up a house-style. I also like the use of a skyline and the banner across the bottom.
I like this photo because I was originally going for a theme on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and I thought that this image was a good idea to take inspiration from for the double page spread as the photo is landscape and could be recreated. I liked the idea of having my model laid in a field as if it were Wonderland wearing an eye-catching dress with lots of accessories. I later decided not to go with that idea because I didn't enough time to find an ideal location.
I like this image of Michael Buble, because he has a bit of a jazz/swing/blues edge to his music and this image looks as though he is dancing. I also like the way the lighting is used to show one side of him and leave the other in the dark.
I liked this image because it shows them dancing in several different images and the main focus is the couple dancing on top of a top hat, which I think ties in nicely with jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment