Friday 30 March 2012

My 4 Original Images

This is the image that I have chosen for my main feature image on my front cover. I chose this image from my many others, because it is eye-catching, effective and I believe it stands out due to the way in which it shows the models features. For example her red lips, eyebrows, eye make-up and the way her hand rests lightly on her face.
I chose to use this image to represent my main feature artist on the contents page. I chose to use this one rather than other ones, because I like her over-the-shoulder pose as it makes the photo have more depth and doesn't look flat. The lighting also reflects her as being quite mysterious as though she is willing to talk about her career for the purpose of the magazine, but likes to keep some things about herself in the dark. My model also looks directly at the camera, thus engaging with the audience and drawing in their attention.
I chose to use this medium close up of my model for the double page spread, because it is landscape rather than portrait making it ideal to use within my double page spread. I also chose it because it is sepia and my model wears different clothes, which I believe reflects how a majority of magazines are laid-out. I think it risks losing continuity, but due to the model having the same hair and make-up it is obvious that it is the same artist. I like the image as it showcases her feminine side, with a white, lacy blouse complimented by two strings of pearls. I like the sepia tone to the photo as it fits in with the theme across the main feature that she likes to imagine that she lives in a different era and the sepia holds connotations of making it look more old fashioned.
I chose to use this image on my contents page to represent a smaller feature, I like this medium close up of my model as she doesn't look directly at the camera therefore she doesn't engage with the audience as much making the main feature photo more engaging for the reader, thus making the reader want to read the main feature more. I also like that she is also portrayed as being feminine with her long hair and floral play-suit, thus holding feminine connotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment