Thursday 3 November 2011

Editing on Photoshop

This shows how I have experimented with the colours of the text to try and link it in with other elements of the magazine including the images, such as the green file and purple pencil case. I was doing this in order to establish a house-style for my magazine. I was aiming to have a consistent font and colour scheme to make my magazine's front cover look more professional.
This photoshop image shows how I have tried using a different logo to represent the institute it is for - Wyke Sixth Form College. The other I used seemed out of place and the colour of it no longer fitted with the colour scheme I have now chosen for the magazine. When the text was all black it fitted with it nicely, but that is no longer the case.
In this print screen I have experimented with the colour again to keep it consistent with the new logo that I have added. I think this helps to establish the house style and compliments other features of the front cover by them being similar colours.
In this print screen I have moved the masthead to fit in the gap where there is a neutral background so that it is able to stand out more and is more readable among the plain background rather than being barely readable against the window, which is where it was placed. I have kept the date line and issue no. only as wide as the masthead is so that it is kept neat and in line. Otherwise everything would start to look out of place and it wouldn't look as professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment